There are many types of Muay Thai, but if divided according to the fighting style, offense, defense, and use of punches, feet, knees, and elbows, it can be divided into two types: main boxing, or hard boxing, and Muay Kiao, or soft boxing.
Muay Lak or Muay Thai refers to Muay Thai (Muay Thai) that has tight, calm fighting and a controlled posture. And keep the boxing notes firmly. The boxing notes and movements, foot movements, steps will be full of caution. Looks like he's slow and not energetic. This type of boxer will defend. and waited for the moment to be a calm, cool boxer. Have a good kick, or use the art of Muay Thai (Muay Thai), hard, violent, and precise, all with feet, knees, and elbows, with toughness, perseverance, and a lot of effort.
Muay Kiao or Muay Thai refers to Muay Thai (Muay Thai), which has a fighting method that uses brilliant tactics to attack the opponent using many tricks. Muay Thai always moves and never stops. By moving back and forth to the left side. and the right side alternately Makes it difficult for the opponent to catch the boxing way. Muay Thai has agile moves, can trick and dodge hits, has good eyesight, can attack, and can use punches, feet, knees, and elbows more quickly and abruptly. Even though it's not as intense as the main boxing.
Besides the main boxing And there is another type of boxing. that has a mix of characteristics between the main boxing styles and boxing together, meaning they are both agile and agile and the intensity of the use of punches, horns, elbows. The style of boxing is also called something else according to the popularity of each boxing teacher, such as boxing outside, boxing inside, which refers to boxing that is good at one thing, such as boxing inside. Good refers to boxing that is good at staying away from kicking, kicking, superficial, tricking, and finding the right moment to do it and escape quickly. Uses a long stick or long weapon well. He is agile and intelligent, but when he enters the inner circle, or knee wrestling And elbows are often not as effective as they should be.
Muay Thai (Muay thai) is scored according to the following criteria:
- When a boxer uses fists, feet, knees, elbows as weapons, Muay Thai (Muay Thai) acts against the body. Competitors who compete according to the rules, have momentum, and have the right objectives. and the opponent is unable to defend.
- Boxers who use Muay Thai weapons to act against their opponents. Get more than the winner in that round.
- A boxer who uses Muay Thai (Muay Thai) weapons to hit his opponent more forcefully, violently, and clearly is the winner in that round.
- Boxers who use Muay Thai weapons to attack their opponents. Until there is more trauma was the winner in that round
- The boxer who is the one who attacks more is the winner of that round.
- A boxer who has better tactics in attacking, defending, dodging, and countering according to the style and art of Muay Thai (Muay Thai) will be the winner in that round.
- The boxer who commits fewer violations is the winner of that round.
The scores not received are as follows:
- Boxers who use Muay Thai weapons violate any of the rules.
- Acting against an opponent's arm or leg in self-defense.
- Act cheaply against your opponent but gently. There is no weight transferred from the body.
- After kicking, the opponent grabbed his leg and threw him to the ground. Classify that the kicking side scores points. If the kicking side is caught by the opponent's leg and then pretends to drop to the ground, this is considered a violation in this case. Consider that both sides did not score.
- Throwing an opponent down without using another weapon.
- Scoring in Muay Thai competitions is given in numbers, but there will be rounds. Yes, by looking at the overall picture of the competition in each round.
Muay Thai (Muay Thai) has many lines, many types, and many moves, which many people may not know. Or even forgotten And if you are looking for a place to practice Muay Thai or want to learn Muay Thai. You can contact us at "Jaroenthong Muay Thai Gym" (Jaroenthong Muay Thai Gym) with the nearest branch. and most convenient There are 3 branches to choose from (Khaosan Branch, Ratchada Branch, Srinakarin Branch). There will definitely be trainers to supervise you closely.